Thursday 7 May 2015

Fantasy Steampunk Western Romance ... artwork by Daniel Grant Newton

A fantasy steampunk art piece by Daniel Grant Newton (currently untitled)

Hello friends!  

Another art piece to share with you.  This idea came to me as my mind wandered and I was compelled to create it for you.

To me, it represents some of the greatest feelings in life: adventure, freedom and romance.

I love how the lovers are so in appreciation of each other, and the dragon dog is in appreciation of the wind in its fur as the train below speeds past.

In this moment, it doesn't matter where the characters have been, or where they are going.  All that matters is this moment that they have stopped to catch the breeze, juxtaposing the hurrying locomotive.  They are truly living in the moment.  Because Zen.

That said, whether they are running away from those who do not approve of their love... 

Or embarking on an epic quest to save Dodge Town from the sand demons forming in the desert... 

Or about to rob that train like a dragon-flying Bonnie and Clyde... 

Or simply explorers of their world... 

I think there is no doubt a great tale to be told here.  Perhaps one you can imagine in your head, or one I may write some day.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the little bit of Friday fantasy :-)

Let me know what you think of it, and perhaps if a story came into your head from looking at the picture.  I'd love to hear from you.

Have a great weekend!

Daniel

Daniel Grant Newton



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!