Wednesday 5 March 2014

New Painting: Flying an Owl, for when you get caught between the moon and New York City ... by Daniel Grant Newton (DGN)

Riding an Owl over New York City - painting by Daniel Grant Newton (DGN)















Hey my blog friend!

Thought I'd share with you a new painting I was commissioned to do by a lovely lady for her daughter's 21st.  

Her daughter loves owls and is going overseas for the very first time (and is especially looking forward to exploring New York), so I painted her daughter riding an owl past the Statue of Liberty.

What I love about this painting is the sense of freedom, magic and wonder we have in life, and especially when we are blessed enough to travel to a distant land (like New York for Aussies!).

Below is the progress for those who love seeing how the magic happens. :-)

Wishing you a great weekend (and rest of the week) on me!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!